Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Where I Come From

If you're a regular reader you'll be aware that earlier this week I visited the place I grew up.  I now live on the east coast of Canada but growing up I lived in southern Ontario in the Niagara Region.  We stopped by the house I grew up in.  It looks smaller... I guess I'm bigger!


We used to walk the beach and pier in Port Dalhousie in the summers.  We'd ride the 5cent merry go round (so sad that it was closed what with it being a weekday before school let you) and get ice cream.  We did not go swimming much.  Lake Ontario not good for swimming!



Look very closely and you can see the Toronto skyline
There was a restaurant there that used to have the best deep fried ice cream called Albert's.  It's now called Treadwell's and prides itself on it's locally sourced products with the slogan "Farm to Table".  At least 95% of their beer and wine list was Canadian.  Mum and I had their lunchtime tasting menu and it was excellent.

Pea Soup with Seared Scallop

Pasta

Duck and Rhubarb

Trio of strawberry dishes for dessert
It was an excellent dining experience... I didn't even miss the deep fried ice cream.


3 comments:

Jess said...

Love your hair!

Unknown said...

lovely pics! I love this american style of building houses, you cant see that here. regards from Croatia :)

Aunie said...

i want to come from where YOU come from! love it! THANKS for linking up with Just Because Friday today! ♥