Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday Travels- Winter Wonderland Toronto

As a child I regularly went to Toronto for little mini-breaks (as the Brits call them).  Toronto was close enough for a day trip but far enough away to be exciting. For a few years in a row we made a regular trip to the Toronto Zoo for New Years. I haven't been able to take Husband to the Toronto Zoo yet.  In fact the only time I've taken Husband to Toronto was Christmas 2008 which happened to coincide with Toronto getting fairly dumped on with snow.  Toronto doesn't get the same amount of snow as many parts of Canada so they don't always cope very well.  It was very pretty though.

CN Tower

CN Tower's Shadow from the top



Roy Thompson Hall


Glen Miller

City Hall- with outdoor rink

I love this outdoor rink location. Magical.
I love Toronto at Christmas time.  I have a particular fondness for the Eaton Centre... the shopping mall.  I know that sounds crazy because serious, malls are nuts at Christmas, but I always loved their decorations.  There was once a huge dispute over them hanging wreaths off of the Canada Goose art installation that is there year round.  Gotta love it.

No comments: