Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday Travels- Back to School Nostalgia

Autumn is definitely in the air which means Back to School.  I work at a university so I'm still fairly swamped with all of this back to school excitement.  It's making me dream of a time when sleeping in and taking naps was a regular occurrence.  Yup, I'm jealous of the students.  I know I'm biased but I think I was pretty lucky with my undergraduate experience.  Acadia University in Wolfville, NS is an awesome place to be young and unencumbered by debt. The campus and town are both absolutely gorgeous in Fall.  When we moved to Canada two years ago (eek, time flies!) I took Husband to see where I went to university.

University Hall

U Hall

Manning Memorial Chapel

Manning Memorial Chapel

Manning Memorial Chapel

Irving Environmental Science Centre

Irving Environmental Science Centre

Irving Environmental Science Centre


View from the Lookout
Unfortunately this post is tinged with sadness after the death of a young Acadia student last week. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, classmates, teachers and so many others who's lives have been changed.

No comments: