Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One Year Later

 
Husband & I May 2011


Summer is a time when the coats and sweaters come off (eventually anyway) and we all get a little more conscious of the bits of ourselves we don't like.  Lately when I've been hard on myself about some bulge I find it helpful to look how far I've come.  This is a photo of husband and I taken last week during a dinner at my parents' place.  It's not the best photo ever, we're both a tiny bit squinty but it was a great evening with beautiful weather and lots of family time. 


Husband & I May 2010



I've gone back and forth on posting this next photo because of how much my husband and I both hate how we look.  But the important thing is that we did something about it.  A year ago this month I started meeting weekly with a Simply for Life consultant, following a food plan and upped my exercise (though I've got a long way to go on that one. I hate exercise. Ugh).  I have to say getting our dog last summer helped with the regular exercise because no matter what the weather is like she wants to go out (below -20 makes her paws hurt after a few minutes but she never remembers that and wants to go again).


I can't say enough good things about my consultant, Keith, and his wife, Nela, who runs the office in Quispamsis.  The Simply for Life Facebook page regularly offers articles and advice and it's free to the public.  If you look through the photos you'll also see step by step instruction from Nela's very popular cooking classes so if you're looking for good, healthy recipes that don't take hours check those out.



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You are both looking amazingly well and very fit. An excellent advert for Simply For life - can they open up over here in England too?