Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Over Extended

Husband and I are at a point this Fall that should be less stressful than any Autumn we've had in memorable history.  We have not just moved across and ocean and are not living with either set of parents (2009).  He is not working 13 days out of every 14 days and on call at all times for very poor pay (2010 ).  He is not in the middle of MBA craziness (2011). We're both working Monday-Friday type jobs and are looking forward to good length Christmas breaks.  Everyone is healthy, etc.

The thing is, I've been feeling utterly worn out and slightly over wrought lately.  Mum's noticed it a few times in the past couple of weeks.  I'm still hustling like I have to stay ahead of some sort of onslaught.  Last week I wrote nearly 3000 words in freelance articles including one where the subject just seemingly would not bother getting back to me or cooperating in anyway. I work a full time job.  I don't need that kind of craziness for what the paper pays!

Too many things are feeling like a requirement or a responsibility right now.  I'm realizing I need to step back and look at my priorities (something I tell students all the time).  Somehow there are things taking up too much emotional energy that don't relate to our health or happiness. 

At the same time we need to eat healthier and exercise in a way that is enjoyable and I need to stop feeling tired all of the time.  I also kind of need to stop feeling guilty for feeling tired.  So what if we don't have kids yet.  Are people with kids the only ones allowed to feel tired? 

So that's what I've been thinking about some this weekend.  It was a wonderful weekend.  We went to see a play on Friday night.  We went to a Christmas Market and then the Santa Claus Parade on Saturday evening.  It was very nice.  Which makes me wonder even more why I'm so tired this morning.



1 comment:

Amelia Mansfield said...

I can 100% relate to this at the moment - everything is actually going fairly well although extremely busy but I do feel so tired and just-hanging-on all the time. It's not a fun way to be but I'm glad I'm not the only one! And totally agree about the you can't be tired if you don't have kids thing - it worries me that I may turn into a puddle on the floor when I do have children!