Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

BBBS

Big Brothers Big Sisters Saint John (our local group) is celebrating their 40th Anniversary this year.  We are a relatively small city with a high percentage of children growing up in the "at risk" category so 40 years of making a difference for those kids is pretty impressive.

I worked for BBBS one summer when I was a student.  I ran their summer programing for children who didn't have a "Big".  They didn't have a Big Brother or a Big Sister.  They were still waiting.  BBBS tries to help those kids too.  I wound up with a Little Brother who then became my parents' Little when I moved to the UK.  He's now halfway through high school which is mind boggling.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to helping out a bit taking tickets and such at the event and then celebrating their accomplishments.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.