Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Guest Post by Jessica from Vintage Mauve

Happy Not-Friday Everyone.  For those of us coming off the Victoria Day weekend at least it's a short week. For those of you looking forward to the Memorial Day weekend I bet Friday can't get here soon enough.  Very excited to have a guest blogger today.  I'm guest blogging over at her site so read this then go say hi! 

***********************************************************************************

My name is Jessica, and I've had an obsession with cosmetics since I was in 5th grade, when my mom bought me my first Clinique compact. It’s been an intense love affair ever since. When Leigh-Ellen gave me the opportunity to guest post on her blog, I was so excited to share my love. My blog, VintageMauve.com, is generally more home related so I don't get the chance to blab about make up all too often! Hope you enjoy my list of favorite products, because it has taken years to find all of these wonderful products!

 

Urban Decay All Nighter: The only reason why I started using this product was because I got it as a free sample at Sephora, but it has quickly become one of my essentials. Normally, I get so busy at work that I don’t have the opportunity to touch up my face, so I need my morning makeup to last as long as possible. The All Nighter spray locks my make up into place, and also cuts down on my oil production during the day. That’s a win/win in my book!

Rosebud Salve: The perfect multi-use product is Rosebud Salve. Not only can you use it as a lip balm, but you can also use it to soften your cuticles, as well as rid yourself of rough elbows. The smell is beautiful, and the product seems to last forever. I often wear this under lipstick during the winter since my lips get so dry, and it definitely helps lipsticks wear better.

Cover Girl LashBlastFusion Mascara: For less than 10 dollars, this product is a great cost saver but with amazing results. I’ve given up buying DiorShow mascara, because this product works just as good and for a fraction of the cost. Not only that, I only got 2 months of everyday use with DiorShow. With Cover Girl, I get the 3 full months of recommended usage. That’s even more of a bargain!

Urban Decay Naked Palette: I waited months for this palette, and I have to say that it was definitely worth the wait. Now since I have it, I wonder how I ever lived without it. This palette is perfect when you’re trying to create a look for work, or for a night out. Urban Decay has great payoff with their color, and they wear very well. Combined that with the shadow primer that comes with it, and you are good to go for all day of beautiful eyes.

Bobbi Brown Corrector: I CANNOT live without this corrector. With it, it makes it look like I actually get a full night’s sleep. It comes in a variety of shades for people with yellow or pink undertones. I highly recommend this product if you suffer from dark circles under the eyes. It’s like magic.

Purity Made Simple Face Wash: I've tried so many different face washes in my day, and I always come back to Purity Made Simple by Philosophy. I can’t say enough about it. It cleanses my skin without stripping, or drying it out. I suffer from oily skin so I never want to use a face wash that will dry the skin out, because that’ll just cause more oil. I can also use it to remove eye makeup with no problem, and it does not irritate the eyes. It’s worth every penny!

NARS Lipstick: I don’t know what it is about NARS lipstick, but the moment you apply it, you automatically feel more vivacious and sexy. Maybe it’s the packaging, or the intriguing name of each color, but it adds an extra bounce to your step. I've recently fallen in love with their Pure Matte lipstick line, but I always come back to their satin lip colors. Right now, I’ve been favoring the color “Damage.”

NYX Blush: NYX never fails when it comes to creating high quality cosmetics, at a fraction of the cost. I can’t say enough about their blushes. Most of them are matte, which is nice, if you enjoy using a highlight powder. They are very pigmented, so less is more! My favorite colors right now are “Dusty Rose” and “Spice.”

And there ya have it! 8 products that I could simply not live without. What beauty products are you addicted to? Thanks again to Leigh-Ellen for letting me take over her site for the day. :-)

No comments: