Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Baby Bonanza

So lately it seems like everyone is having the little ankle biters.  Well, I guess they're not born ankle biters. They have to go through that whole teething thing first. Seems to me there's a lot of crying and upset over that teething thing. Anyway, obviously WE are not having kids right now. Husband is a full time student.  I'm struggling to stand firm on our new "no kitchen counters" policy with the cats (turns out I'm a complete pushover).

What was I writing about? Oh yes, last week we put together a baby shower for a coworker.  Nothing quite like taking a boardroom and making it baby shower ready. 
 
Baby Girl and Teddy Bear Cake Pops

Left them little messages for the first week.
One of my coworkers had seen this shower activity before.  Everyone put little messages on the newborn diapers to make them laugh.  My favourite was "I want Daddy to change me".  Love it.  The diapers were sooooo tiny.

See that one with leave? That's from Sadie to the new big sister- and English Bulldog who has made an appearance on this blog before.

Yup, that's definitely a boardroom chair!

The spread eventually included 2 slow cookers, salads, fruit, lemon tarts, pumpkin cheese cake, cake pops and punch in actual punch glasses. We do it right where we work!

My sister-in-law is due at the beginning of November.  So wishing I could pop across that pond and put together a shower for her, particularly since the Brits didn't catch on with the shower concept.  Seriously guys, it's presents and food... get on that!

No comments: