Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Light the Halls


I am not a meticulous, details person.  It's why puzzles and cross stitch don't appeal to me.  I love big picture, big ideas, fun, quick details.  I'm great at To Do Lists and schedules, don't get me wrong but small, repetitive tasks (like taking inventory... oh I hated taking inventory) are not my thing.

So when we put our Christmas tree up and 2/3 of it was without light I was ready to throw the decorations on and ignore it.  The thing was that last year I'd done that now the dark patches seemed to be spreading.  I mean, I ignored it for three days.  I put ribbon and ornaments on it and tried to ignore it.  But last night Husband was out for work and I decided enough was enough.

Turns out 3 separate sections of lights were out and a total of 4 bulbs were out.  It took me 50 minutes to figure this out and seldom have I felt the sense of elation that occurred when that final strand turned on.This photo cuts off the bottom of the tree because it was taken before I solved the problem.  Will take a new one when I actually get a tree skirt.

I also got a tiny bit crafty (for me) this weekend and put names on stockings for the fluffballs.  They make me happy and Husband likes them too. 


Here are a few other bits and pieces from the start of our decorating.

Today is my office Christmas lunch and then in the evening we have Husband's office Christmas party so it's pretty much party, party, party today.  Though I feel like we might be peaking a little early on the Christmas celebrations!


4 comments:

Melissa Wright said...

Your tree is beautiful! Love the bulb filled vases with your names on them!

Kelly said...

I love your Christmas tree and I am now following you from Rushing with Bagels!


xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Unknown said...

New follower from the Mingle. Hope you will hop over and follow back!
Glad to have found you!
Julie@ Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk

www.heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love all your holiday decorations!



www.studentswife.com